100wc (rope picture)

100wc (rope picture)

Goal- to mirror my beginning and ending

The grip, as they call it was a particularly brutal punishment , it would beat your skin raw leaving bruises and scars. The rope stained with crimson blood constantly moving and vibrating. Tears glazed the victims eyes . You stood motionless as though you where a brass statue, perfectly still with the rope rubbing and moving, your tears staying pearched perfectly underneath your eye. The guards watching with a smirk, the public chanting as the guards push them back onto the narrow pavement. You throat dry from you constantly trying to scream. The grip as they call it was a particularly brutal punishment.

3 thoughts on “100wc (rope picture)

1. Hello Alexia,

Throughout history there have been times where brutal punishment had been used. I found your story interesting as it shared the experience of The Grip, a punishment reminding me of the harsh punishment of early convicts transported to Australia. Well done.

Of particular interest were some of your descriptions, e.g. “Tears glazed the victim’s eyes.” They show you are discovering the power words can have to “paint pictures” in the minds of your readers. Again, well done.

Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (Retired), N.S.W., Australia

2. Hello Lexi, this is an interesting response to the picture challenge. I really like how you have linked the word “grip” to both the sculpture and the punishment. You have also chosen some excellent vocabulary to make your story interesting. Words such as brutal, raw, stained, vibrating. These make your story interesting and very visual. Well done.

3. Thank you for sharing such a powerful piece, Alexia. I see you did mirror the beginning and the end and achieved your target.

For next time, a good way to note some mistakes is to paste into Google Translate and listen to how your words and pauses sound. Often you catch missed things that way.

I enjoyed your piece. I particularly liked the way you described different aspects, so I feel part of the story.

Mrs A ( Team 100WC)
    USA